I don't have any pictures ready for this post although I did take some. I'm working to prepare my in-laws landscape for my brother-in-law's wedding in July. Here's just a quick list of some of the projects we're working to complete.
We only have a couple days to do all this so I'll be busy. I started a good chunk of the list tonight. Tomorrow we'll take down two more trees and I'll be working on the rest of this list!
- Weed the various gardens including a patio garden, a front yard sidewalk garden, a shady woodland garden and a raised bed garden made from stone. I'm just looking to get them into a manageable state. The difficult part of weeding the patio area is getting in-between the cracks. I found a trick for that I'll share with you soon!
- Mulch up the shady woodland garden. I designed and planted the garden a while back but haven't shared it online yet. After it's mulched up I'll share the process from beginning to end. I did share part of the rock border in a post a while back.
- Help take down a few dangerous trees. There are several dead trees on the property in the neighborhood of 50 feet tall. These need taken down for safety reasons. We sure don't want a wedding party to come to a crashing end. Just talk to Gail at Clay and Limestone about trees and close calls!
- Move various plants including a euonymous, two nandinas (not my favorite plant), and a bunch of volunteer coreopsis.
- Trim up some plants including a Japanese dappled willow(Salix integra) and a butterfly bush. The dappled willow is actually the mother plant of the willows I have in my yard as a deciduous hedge row.
- Random tasks that will probably pop up!
Labels: garden thoughts