I wish I could have gotten to this post earlier but Monday's storms kept the computer off for most of the day. It's pretty difficult to type a post without electricity! As of this morning 18,000 people in Middle Tennessee are still without power. Over the weekend the weather was absolutely perfect for outdoor activities. I'll share some more highlights later in the week including the tulips blooming in the front garden, the changes to my sedum bed, the strawberry blossoms blooming, and hopefully some more seeds germinating in the vegetable garden. All of which were tackled at some point over the weekend.
|Creeping Phlox - April 2011|
Here's a short list of what garden chores managed to tackle this weekend in the garden:
- Mowed the Lawn - it was tall, very tall. I nearly lost the 3 year old in it! It did make for a whole lot of grass clipping mulch though!
- Cut another path or two through the brambles on our slope.
- Collected Grass Clipping mulch for layering in the vegetable garden.
- Planted two plum trees.
- Weeded the patio gardens and added mulch.
- Weeded the Birdbath garden and added mulch.
- Weeded the viburnum/rose garden and added mulch.
- Watered the plants in the garden shed.
- Began redoing the sedum bed. We had massive deaths in our sedum garden last year for some reason. I lost most of the red leaved varieties. 'Blue Spruce', 'Autumn Joy' and another unknown variety are coming back fine but the small ground cover varieties suffered badly. Fortunately a few sprigs remain so they may come back. Also it needed a drainage issue fixed which is in progress. Hopefully I can share the results of the sedum bed remodel soon.
- Fed the birds! It's been a while!
How was your weekend?
Labels: garden chores, weekend update