Sunday was a bit of a catch-up day. Over the past few weeks I've had several chores that needed done in the garden but just haven't had the time to get them accomplished. I finally made a dent in that to-do list. Here's what was accomplished:
|Birdbath garden and pathway|
It was a productive afternoon but there is so much more that I want to get done and just not enough time to do it all. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to stop time?
- Transplanted: Birch, 2 dappled willows, redbud (these do not transplant well due to an extra long taproot. I had to move the plant since it was in a bad location)
- Planted Bulbs: Mountain Lily, hyacinth (from another location), crocuses, English bluebells, and allium
- Planted Plants: Anise hyssop
- Divided and planted: gaillardia ( it pulled apart from the roots much like 'Husker's Red' Penstemon)
- Root Cuttings: Birch (as I transplanted the birch above I found a couple suitable roots to try root cuttings from. I'll explain later if it works out well.)
- Cuttings: dwarf boxwood, roses, spirea, and variegated red twig dogwood
- Adjusted some rock borders near the birdbath garden.
- Watered the plants in the greenhouse shed with water from my rain barrel. I was amazed that many of the plants inside were still actively growing despite no active heat source.
Labels: garden chores, garden to-do list, to do