Drive-By Shootings - With Ice

The other day when I went to pick up my bricks for the greenhouse flooring the temperatures were still at or around freezing. I had my camera along for the ride and took a couple shots of the ice structures that were along Highway 840 here in Middle TN. I've always found the ice sculptures that appear alongside the cliff faces to be very fascinating. Maybe it's the fact that water can find so many ways to move through solid rock that makes it so awesome. There aren't many more powerful natural forces out there.



Taking pictures at 70 MPH doesn't exactly make for a great shot.
My advice - don't move for better pictures. 




This drive by picture was taken in our neighborhood next to the community lake. I've never seen the lake frozen until this year but 9-10 days of freezing temperatures will do that. Relief is on it's way though. Temperatures are coming at the end of the week that should be closer to the normal 45-50 degree January temperatures. It looks like I might get a day in the greenhouse very soon!



Here comes a heat wave!


Labels: ,