This week is guaranteed to be a busy one in my garden. The massive quantity of rain that we've had lately has sprung forth a corresponding amount of weeds to pull. The good thing is that the weed pulling should go fairly easily in the moist ground. Next Saturday I'll be hosting our garden club meeting to talk about building a garden structure in the yard, specifically an arbor. I'll also be talking a little about plant propagation including cuttings, how to take cuttings, and different types of propagation. It will be a busy morning for sure but a much busier week of preparation. Here's a quick look at what I need to get done this week to make my garden acceptable (in my mind) for visitors.
- Weeding: pretty much everywhere especially the corner shade garden, vegetable garden, front gardens, and the self sowing garden.
- Mulch the back deck garden. This area behind the house hasn't been fully mulched yet for this year. It was a low priority and has started to see an increase in weeds. It's time to get it under control.
- Mulch around the trees. I've used grass clippings to mulch around several trees but it's time for some hardwood mulch which will last longer.
- Mow, trim, and edge all around.
- Write up handout information on propagation and building an arbor.
It's a short list but many of the chores are time consuming.
Of course I forgot one more thing: blog about it!
Labels: garden to-do list