Dave's Fall Garden To-Do List
There are probably a million things I could think of that need done around the yard and in our various gardens but here are a few that are bouncing around in my head at the moment. I've been distracted with the deer
the last couple days and several things that need done haven't been tackled yet.
- Build a second compost bin. I have three palettes that need screwed together to make a basic compost bin. My old one is full and I haven't cleaned out the garden yet so it's time for a second bin.
- Clean out the vegetable garden. I'll leave the tomatoes until they finish ripening but three beds need cleared.
- Plant the garlic. In one of the garden beds that needs cleared I'll put the garlic cloves for next year.
- Weed the various gardens for cool season weeds. If I don't get a handle on them now they will get away from me. I shouldn't have too much trouble with the chickweed this winter since I've covered the area that was effected but other weeds are bound to pop up in it's place.
- Collect seeds from anything that has deadheads. The zinnias, cosmos, rudbeckias and coneflowers should have plenty of seed for collecting by now.
- Finish laying rock near the patio. Between the patio and the house is a small rock area that needs finished. Once that part is done I can call the patio construction complete for this year!
- Pot up more cuttings. I have some spirea cuttings that need potted as well as some salvia.
- Clean out the garage. The garage is in complete disarray at the moment, as a result of a busy gardening season. Once I clean it out I can move some tender plants inside and put the cuttings in the garage greenhouse.
There's just a few things that need done among many others that will pop up as I go. Every item on the to-do list seems to have several other chores attached to it. What chores need done in your garden?
Labels: garden thoughts, garden to-do list, gardening