I needed to get a few things done in the garden today but I had a limited amount of time to do it. The oldest girl (2 years) went down for her nap just when the youngest one (just over 5 months) woke up from her nap. When their naps overlap is when I can get something done, but that didn't work out today. Eventually the youngest fell asleep again for her second nap and I was left with 45 minutes of garden time.
Here's what I did with my time:
It was then that I began to hear the children on the baby monitor. The rest of the garden would have to wait!
- I planted two more 'Homestead Purple' Verbenas. They were a $1.99 4" pots at the nearby nursery. A great price for a great plant! We picked them up on Saturday. I put one on the opposite side of the verbena at the mailbox garden and the other is near some salvia in our front porch garden.
- I planted two more Silver Mound Artemisias. They were also $1.99 4 " pots. These went in the new sidewalk garden.
- I planted a very nice looking white flowering astilbe that was a $2.99 find. It's now hanging out with the heucheras in the shade garden. That sounds like a good segment for Gardening by the Yard, "Hanging with the Heucheras."
- I planted 8 White Impatiens in the shade garden. I mixed them in the gaps toward the front border near the coleus.
- I transplanted a daylily to the opposite side of the sidewalk next to a large rock.
- Then I planted my 'Walker's Low' Catmint (Nepeta x faassenii) where the daylily had been in the front garden.
- I also put in two more Roma tomato plants in the vegetable garden. Viva Italia! That's the variety name.
- After all that planting I bet you can guess what I did next. Watered!
Labels: annual, garden thoughts, gardening, perennial