Here is the current list of seeds I have started so far. Only a few seedlings have popped up but more will come. It is still early and conditions outside are just now starting to warm up. I'm starting them in the garage under the cover of my mini-greenhouse and some plastic containers turned upside down as propagators. Spending $5.00 on one plastic container is much cheaper than buying a specially made seed propagator.
Here's the list (so far):
I'll be starting the vegetable seeds later in the week. I may have left out one or two on this list but there will be plenty of time to talk seeds!
- Coleus 'Wizard Mix'
- Blue Fescue (Ornamental Grass)
- Lavender Lady (Lavandula angustifolia 'Lady')
- Rudbeckia seed I collected last fall
- Nepeta nervosa 'Blue Carpet' (Catmint)
- Salvia splendens 'Flare'
- Cercis canadensis (Redbud seeds I collected in the fall and stratified over the winter)
- Verbena (from an annual verbena I collected last fall)
- Capsicum annuum (A variegated ornamental pepper)
- Hosta Mix (yep you can start Hostas from seed!)
Labels: seeds and seed starting