Planning the Herb Garden

This post was originally written on December 9th, 2007 I'm bumping this post up to see if anyone has any suggestions.

When spring comes I plan to install a herb garden in the front yard which is sloped in toward the house. Since it is winter time and most outdoor tasks are finished it is a good time to plan ahead and figure out what to put in the herb garden. I want to put in a variety of herbs, both ornamental and functional. Rosemary is a must and is easily obtained for free (Thanks mom!). It's also a good perennial herb that works as a shrub. Basil is another one I have to put in the herb garden. Italian foods are an addiction for us. I want to have a couple different types of basil. There are some dark purplish colored basils that would look great mixed in with other rich foliage. Anyone have any suggestions for good ornamental and functional herbs?


Labels: , ,